The main screen shows you all your stocks in the currently selected portfolio. Tap on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd column header to change what is displayed in that column.
The 4th column shows either: if the stock has gone up or down since the last Internet update or if the stock has gone up or down during the current trading day. What exactly is displayed depends on a configurable setting in the program preferences. Tapping on this icon brings up the market window for the corresponding stock.
The 5th column shows whether a particular stock has a note attached to it. Tap in this column to open an existing note or to create a new note for the corresponding stock.
Watched stocks are displayed with a little dot beside their current rate, like this: . A stock that is watched is a stock that you do not own but that you still want to have around to keep track of how it is doing. Watched stocks do not influence the totals at the bottom of the screen.
Switch Active/Sold: Tap on this icon to switch the view between active and closed stocks. Active stocks refer to all the stocks that you own or are watching. When a stock is sold it is moved to the closed section and is not updated anymore during an Internet update.
Portfolio Categories: Stock Manager can track up to 16 portfolios for you. Change portfolios or create new portfolios by clicking on the portfolio category popup.
Portfolio Stats: The statistics at the bottom of the screen are for the current portfolio. To see the statistics for all your securities select "All" from the portfolio categories popup.
Stock Actions: The 2 stock action icons act on the currently selected stock. To select a stock, tap on the 2nd or 3rd column of the desired stock and then tap on one of the 2 action icons. The icons are (from left to right):
- Chart: Displays the chart screen for the selected stock.
- Delete: Deletes the currently selected stock.
Column Actions: The following actions will occur when tapping on the different columns:
- 1st column or Name column: Displays the Info screen for the selected stock.
- 2nd column of Price column: Selects the stock for one of the stock actions described above.
- 3rd column or Profit column: Selects the stock for one of the stock actions described above.
- 4th column or Price change column: Displays the Market Info screen for the selected stock.
- 5th column or Note column: Creates a new note or displays an existing note for selected stock.
Profit Change since last update: Tapping on the big earth icon will display the following information:
- Date and time of the last Internet update.
- Profit change: This value indicates by how much the current portfolio profit has changed since the last Internet update.
- Profit change %: The profit percent change of the current portfolio since the last Internet update.
- Change today: This value is calculated by adding all the stock change values multiplied by the number of shares owned in a particular stock. This is a good indicator to see portfolio activity on a daily basis and not since the last Internet update.
- Change %: This represents the change as a percentage with respect to the portfolio's current value.
Current Currency: Displays the currency in which all values are displayed. Tapping on currency label will toggle the display of the values between the portfolio currency and the global currency.
Manual Updates: To manually update the current price of a stock: click on the 2nd or 3rd column to select the stock entry to edit, click on the Menu button and select "Edit Current Price".