Stock Manager supports the following stock exchanges:
USA: All major stock exchanges plus: OTC:BB, options, pink sheets and mutual funds.
Canada: Toronto, Montreal, TSX Venture and mutual funds.
Europe: Amsterdam, Athens, Barcelona, Berlin, Bilbao, Bremen, Brussels, Copenhagen, Cyprus, Dublin, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt (+ funds), Hamburg, Hannover, Helsinki, Lisbon, London (+ funds), Madrid, Madrid MC, Milan (+ funds), Munich, Oslo, Paris, Stockholm, Stuttgart, Valencia, Vienna (+ funds), Virt-X, Warsaw, Xetra, Zurich.
European Funds: Austria, France Sicav & Fcp, Germany, Italy, UK and UK Unit Trust.
Middle-East: Saudi Arabia, Tel-Aviv.
Asia-Pacific: Australia, China (Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shenzhen), India (Bombay, Calcutta, Dehli), Indonesia (Jakarta), Japan (Fukuoka, Heracles, JASDAQ, Nagoya, Osaka, Sapporo, Tokyo), Korea (Seoul, KOSDAQ), New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan (Taipei, OTC).
South America: Buenos Aires, Caracas, Lima, Mexico, Santiago, Sao Paolo.
Other: Stock indices (100+ worlwide), currencies (any currency to any) and some commodities (see below).
Stock Manager uses the same stock name conventions as the stock server that is used for a particular exchange. So when wondering how to correctly write a stock symbol you should look up the company name in one of the servers below and then enter this information in Stock Manager.
USA: Use the US Yahoo lookup page.
Canada: Use the Canadian Yahoo lookup page or for Canadian funds here.
Europe: Use one of the European Yahoo lookup pages (it doesnt matter which one), except for:
Zurich: Check SwissQuote.
- Funds from here
- Some stocks on Yahoo have changed name, for example 714645.SG is now called DE714645.EW. For these few stocks, enter the new symbol (eg DE714645.EW) and select "Index Euro" from the exchange popup.
British Government stocks prices: lookup the correct symbol in Yahoo and enter it in the program, e.g.: GB0005750145.L.
Warsaw: search for the correct 3-letter code here.
Asia: Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Korea, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, Tokyo.
South America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela.
Middle East: Saudi Arabia: search here, when you have found the stock, click on it to display its current price and then look at the URL your browser is pointing to, the stock symbol will be the 3-4 digits that follow "QuoteCode=". Tel-Aviv.
Stock indices can also be watched in Stock Manager. Lookup the correct ticker symbol at the following locations: USA, Canada, rest of the world. And then enter them in Stock Manager selecting "Index" / "Index Euro" from the exchange popup. Some examples:
- Dow Jones Industrial: ^DJI (Index)
- Nasdaq Composite: ^IXIC (Index)
- AMEX Composite: ^XAX (Index)
- Frankfurt DAX: ^GDAXI (Index Euro)
- London FTSE: ^FTSE (Index Euro)
- Paris CAC 40: ^FCHI (Index Euro)
- Zurich SMI: ^SSMI (Index Euro)
- Madrid General: ^SMSI (Index Euro)
- Milan MIDTel: ^MIBTEL (Index Euro)
Currencies: enter two currency ISO codes together in the symbol field and select "Currency" from the exchange popup. For example, entering "EURUSD" will track the rate of the Euro to the U.S. Dollar while "USDEUR" will show the rate of the U.S. Dollar to the Euro. "USDCAD" will track the U.S. Dollar to the Canadian Dollar, and so on. You can find a list of the standard 3-letter ISO currency codes at the Universal Currency Converter page. Examples:
- U.S. Dollar: USD
- Euro: EUR
- U.K. Pound: GBP
- Canadian Dollar: CAD
- Swiss Franc: CHF
- Gold in US Dollars: XAUUSD (select "Currency")
- Gold in Euros: XAUEUR (select "Currency")
- Silver in US Dollars: XAGUSD (select "Currency")
- Silver in Euros: XAGEUR (select "Currency")
- AMEX Oil Index: ^XOI ("Index")
- AMEX Natural Gas Index: ^XNG ("Index")