You can record a trip and easily see the distance travelled. With trips you can:
- Display them in the map window (represented by a red line): select "Show Trip Route" from the map menu to enable this feature.
- Replay your trip and see your progress in the main and map windows: check the option Simulation Mode in the Hardware window, and when you press Start you will be asked to select your trip file.
- Export them to your desktop for further analysis with other mapping software.
- Press New and enter the name under which you want the trip to be saved.
- Select how often you want position messages to be saved. Saving too often will increase the size of your trip (slowing down updating in the map window).
- Select the minimum distance that must be travelled for a new position to be recorded. 30-50 m is generally a good range and takes care of GPS inaccuracies.
- Select Activate track recorder.