With our KML and Web electronic program guide you can check the latest tv programs for 34 countries around the world on your KiSS DP-558/600/1600 and also through a regular web browser from your desktop computer or mobile phone. For old players such as DP-500/508/1500 check this page.
You first have to configure access to the TinyStocks KML portal:
- From your player: go to KiSS portal > select Configure > set a password and write down your player id.
- From you pc: go to the website: www.myepg.tv and login with your player id and the password you just set. Click on KML Favorites, and then enter in the form the name "TinyStocks" and address:
- http://tinystocks.com/k/kiss.php (to go to the TinyStocks main portal page), or:
- http://tinystocks.com/k2/tv/tvstart.php (to go directly to the TinyStocks EPG page)
- From your player: go to KiSS portal > select Favorites > select TinyStocks.
You now have configured access to the TinyStocks portal via KiSS Portal > Favorites. You can now set the TinyStocks EPG as your default EPG:
- From your player: go to the TinyStocks portal > TV Guide > Configure > set a password and write down your player id. Also set "Default EPG" to "TinyStocks". When you want to go back to using the KiSS online EPG, you can reset the "Default EPG" to "KiSS".
- You are now able to send recordings to your DP/VR-558 and map new tv channels. You can go to the website: http://ts.myepg.tv/ and login with your player id and the password you just set and use the web EPG.
TIP: When watching television through your KiSS player, press Title Menu on your remote control to go directly to the TinyStocks EPG.
The TV guide can be personalised in two different ways. You can add tv stations that interest you (or that are available in your area) to your list of favorite stations so that you can easily see a program time grid for all those stations. And you can also keep of list of favorite shows so that you can quickly see at what time they are on and on which of your favorite stations.
You can check the television program for a particular station or for all the stations that are in your list of favorites. When looking at the tv program grid:
- A vertical line indicates the current time, also displayed at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Shows that are longer than 75 minutes and shorter than 3 hours are considered movies and are drawn in purple. You can use the arrows on your remote control to select a movie. Selecting a program will display more information about it.
- Shows that are in your list of favorite shows are displayed in orange.
- Shows in red indicate a show that has been sent to the player to be recorded.
- Dates/times in blue indicate that they are in the future. Dates/times in green indicate today/now.
Press '1' on your remote control from any tv guide screen to see the program grid for what is playing right now on your favorite stations.
You can add your favorite tv shows to your list of favorites. Shows can be tied to a specific tv station or for all stations in your favorites. Shows in red indicate a show that has been set for automatic recording.
To add a show select Search, enter part of the show's name and then Add show.
When a show is in your favorites you can easily see when it is playing next and on which station.
Select What's on to see which of your favorite shows are playing on a specific day.
You can see which movies* or sports events are playing on a specific day.
A day is considered to go from midnight until 3 am the following day.
- When listing your favorite stations:
- Press < and > to move a station up or down your list of favorites. This way you can keep your favorite stations organized in the order you want them.
- When looking at the program grid:
- Press |<< and >>| to advance/go back one screen at a time (2 hours normally, 1 hour if zoomed).
- Press Zoom to see only one hour at a time. This make it easier to read the program titles.
- Press '1' from any screen to see what is playing right now on your favorite stations.
- Press '2' from any screen to see which of your favorite shows and movies* are playing today.
- Press 'Srch' to search for a tv show in all the tv stations in your favorites. We keep 7 days worth of tv programs (for most stations, if available) making it easy to see on which day of the week your favorite tv show is on the air.
* Shows that are longer than 75 minutes and shorter than 3 hours are considered movies.
The full functionality of the EPG that you can view on your television is also available through the web. This means that you can connect to it from your desktop computer or mobile phone and check what is playing on your favorite channels and even send recording jobs to your player at home! You can access the web epg at this address: http://ts.myepg.tv/
Note: when you set something to record from the TinyStocks web EPG, it will be sent immediately to the KiSS web EPG where it will appear in the "Recordings to be sent to player" queue. From there it will be picked up by your player every 15 minutes. On the TinyStocks EPG it will appear immediately in the "Recordings already sent to player" queue.
In order for your player to be able to record programs that are found on our EPG, it has to know which physical channels correspond to which EPG channels. For example, it has to know that "BBC1" is programmed on channel 10 on your player. Therefore when you are tuning in new channels on your player you have to do the follwoing steps in order to map them to an EPG channel:
- From your player: make sure that the physical channel that you want to map is the one currently shown on your television.
- From your player: go to the TinyStocks portal > TV Guide > Configure and click on "Map player channel to EPG channel". Select the country and the channel from the list.
- You will be asked if you also want to add this channel to your EPG favorites. If this is the first time you do this for this channel then answer Yes. If you already have this channel in your EPG favorites (for example you can see it from the web EPG grid) then answer No.